Content Strategist, Commerce
Editorial/Content | New York, NY | Full Time
Electus is a next generation studio enabling premium content creators to engage with advertising and technology partners at the inception of the creative process and partner on the finished product across a global and multi-platform distribution model.
Electus Digital, the digital creative and distribution arm of Electus, specializes in creating entertaining content for digital, TV, and film platforms across comedy, music, gaming, food and urban lifestyle categories, and provides full-service branded and third party creative production services. It is comprised of website properties CollegeHumor.com and Dorkly.com, YouTube Channels CollegeHumor, Dorkly, and Big Breakfast, the studio behind all Electus Digital video content, as well as a developer of long-form TV properties for Electus proper (including TruTV’s Adam Ruins Everything and MTV’s Middle of the Night Show).
We're looking for a Content Strategist (Commerce) with a blend of both editorial and business strengths to build out our commerce initiatives. We are looking for someone who brings energy and passion to everything they do and is dedicated to connecting with consumers through the content they produce. You will deliver content about products that our readers know, love, or should own and you will have the freedom to pursue your own content ideas. Testing and learning will be the key to success, so this candidate should have a strong understanding of reporting and analytics, and willing to adjust content strategy based on performance data. A love of and interest in comedy is a huge plus.
- Write and produce editorialized commerce content, with the main KPI of driving and increasing conversion for the featured products
- Shape and drive the voice of the coverage
- Track your feature's success in analytics and affiliate programs
- Test various content formats and product assortments to identify the price point, product categories, content themes and retailers that resonate the strongest with the CollegeHumor and Dorkly audience
- Coordinate content ideas with other teams across Electus Digital, including editorial, product, sales, and marketing
- 2-3 years of editorial experience; compensation commensurate with years of experience
- Strong, conversational narrative voice and a solid understanding of what content inspires readers to convert
- Deep interest and knowledge of the digital commerce space and emerging industry trends
- Design sense, Photoshop basics, an eye for what looks good on screen
- Experience working with Affiliate E-Commerce providers (e.g. Skimlinks, Amazon)
- Love of comedy is a HUGE plus