Systems Engineer - Expert
Mission Services | Northern Virginia, VA | Full Time
Systems Engineer – Expert (Systems Administrator)
EICORP is seeking a Quality Systems Administrator to develop, enhance and maintain enterprise/departmental IT systems. This position requires in-depth hands-on experience supporting systems in an environment where customer focus, cooperation, communication and continual trade-craft improvements are the norm. This position is located in the Herndon area.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their IT skills in system administration to work on domain level management of groups, policies and users; perform updates, patches and virus definition updates; provide technical support including password resets, unlocking accounts, re-imaging machines, software support, back-ups and recovery, and customer support. They will apply group policies, disable unnecessary services, remove unused applications, etc. of workstations and servers.
Other ad hoc duties may include but are not limited to process evaluation, review of new products, collection of data and reports generation, etc.
- Existing TS/SCI Full Scope Poly Clearance
- Expert in installing and configuring middleware products (ie Tomcat, MySql, etc.)
- Expert in writing and debugging shell scripts
- Experience in writing and debugging automation scripts (ie Puppet, Chef or Ansible)
- Experience in supporting production systems (backups, monitoring system health, monitoring system audit logs)
- Experience with DevOps automation tools (GitHub/GitLab, Subversion), automated builds and deployments (Jenkins)
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving work environment
- Ability to work well with others, independently and in a team, including those from other offices and/or contracts
- Excellent communications skills
- BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or similar OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least one year experience with AWS
- Database administration (backups, recovery, performance tuning, Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL)
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with the customer’s classified network
TS/SCI with Poly – Current