Systems Engineer - Expert
Mission Services | Northern Virginia, VA | Full Time
Systems Engineer – Expert (Systems Administrator)
EICORP is seeking a Quality Systems Administrator to develop, enhance and maintain enterprise/departmental IT systems. This position requires in-depth hands-on experience supporting systems in an environment where customer focus, cooperation, communication and continual trade-craft improvements are the norm. This position is located in the Herndon area.
Hours: Day Shift
Location: Multiple Locations
Clearance: ***TS/SCI with Poly***
The successful candidate will demonstrate their IT skills in system administration to work on domain level management of groups, policies, and users; perform updates, patches and virus definition updates; provide technical support including password resets, unlocking accounts, re-imaging machines, software support, back-ups and recovery, and customer support. They will apply group policies, disable unnecessary services, remove unused applications, etc. of workstations and servers.
Other ad hoc duties may include but are not limited to process evaluation, review of new products, collection of data and reports generation, etc.
- Existing TS/SCI Full Scope Poly Clearance
- Expert in installing and configuring middleware products (ie Tomcat, MySql, etc.)
- Expert in writing and debugging shell scripts
- Experience in writing and debugging automation scripts (ie Puppet, Chef or Ansible)
- Experience in supporting production systems (backups, monitoring system health, monitoring system audit logs)
- Experience with DevOps automation tools (GitHub/GitLab, Subversion), automated builds and deployments (Jenkins)
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving work environment
- Ability to work well with others, independently and in a team, including those from other offices and/or contracts
- Excellent communications skills
- BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or similar OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least one year experience with AWS
- Database administration (backups, recovery, performance tuning, Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL)
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with the customer’s classified network
EICORP is a leader in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our market-share throughout the industry.
EICORP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected fact
Please call 202-333-7403 if you have any questions or concerns.