Service Desk Support Specialist w/ SECRET Clearance & Security+
Mission Services | Adelphi, MD | Full Time
Service Desk Support Specialist w/ SECRET Clearance and Security+ CERT
Hours: Full time (day)
Clearance: Active SECRET REQUIRED
Location: Adelphi, MD
Certification(s): CompTIA Security+ REQUIRED
Education: High school diploma
The candidate will serve as a member of the Enterprise Service Desk providing support to a DoD Organization. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Handling incoming work orders, emails, and phone calls for a customer base of over 3500`.
- Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment utilizing remote access software and desk-side visits.
- Configuring and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, lab equipment, and other peripherals.
- Assisting users with account setup, email configuration, CAC setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PC’s.
- Computer lifecycle replacements utilizing Windows Imaging software.
- Laptop VPN configuration and support using Cisco AnyConnect
- Assist in the tracking of various projects and assignments.
- Updating work orders in ticketing system (Currently CA Service Desk), Excel spreadsheets, and various databases (data input).
- Maintaining systems to meet or exceed client security requirements.
- Candidate MUST possess a DOD Secret level security clearance.
- Candidate MUST possess a CompTIA Security + CE certification.
- MUST possess a current Microsoft certification for Windows 7 (or higher), or obtain one within first six months of employment.
- Minimum 2 years of current technical experience in a Windows IT Support environment and 2 years customer service experience.
- LINUX and/or Mac experience is a large plus.
Possess strong troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows 7 environment. Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office suites, Adobe software, WIM, McAfee products, PKI, and a wide variety of COTS/GOTS software. Basic networking and static TCP/IP configuration knowledge is helpful. Experience with CA UniCenter Service Desk would also be a plus, as would experience with desktop virtualization using VMWare. Must have a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Ideal candidate must be able to work independently AND as part of a team. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are also required.
EICORP is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers whom reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, in order to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our marketshare throughout industry.
EICORP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.