Senior FOIA Research & Operations Specialist
Mission Services | Herndon, VA | Full Time
Senior FOIA Research & Operations Specialist
Hours: Full time (day)
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Location: Herdon, VA
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution plus at least two (2) years of experience.
- Four (4) years of experience (for a total of six (6) or more years) may be substituted for a degree, with a high school diploma.
EICORP has an immediate need for a professional, Research Specialist that has a solid understanding of industry research techniques and an understanding of the Intelligence Community. This position would be an excellent fit for anyone who is looking for an opportunity to grow with Raytheon and work on a long-term contract. The culture and environment are exceptionally supportive, collaborative, and creative. This position offers candidates an excellent work/life balance and part of a great team!
The mission of IMS Search Team is to provide a comprehensive review for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and responses. Collections include a variety of forms: hardcopy, microfilm, and online full-text database.
This position is the focal point for providing intelligence reporting and reference services to the entire IC.
- Responsible for conducting research and assistance in the process of the request in response to an FOIA request.
- Conduct searches and research, based on FOIA requests. Provide results in accordance with customer guidelines.
- Recognize various types of search criteria and protocols.
- Work well with members of the team and various legal offices
- Manage a classified library and archive documents when appropriate.
- Electronically review a subset of newly processed documents, identify potential duplicate documents in the existing document repository.
- Review document duplicates and record decisions in the customer’s automated system. The customer will provide training in duplicate document detection processing.
- Create memoranda or written reports documenting the results of quality assurance studies and investigations and associated recommendations including remediation.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Strong collaboration and communication
- Willingness to ask questions for clarification
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Solid ability to navigate and learn new systems
- Technical skills must be reliable (not beginning level)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and keep tasks moving
- Must be proactive
- Ability to provide high-quality work performing independently or with minimal supervision (self-starter)
- Must have an understanding of security requirements and be able to adhere to them
- Ability to be flexible and manage multiple competing priorities and adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team member
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software with an emphasis on research capability
- Demonstrated as Highly goal oriented, excellent at time management and ability to work under pressure
- Experience with data calls and quick reaction tasks
- Experience with FOIA requests and responses
- Ability to communicate effectively with various management levels, proactive experience and approach to delivering high-quality services to all stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience developing excellent relationships with clients and technical teams.
EICORP is a leader in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our market share throughout the industry.
EICORP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
External referral is eligible.
Please call 202-333-7403 if you have any questions or concerns