PhD Research Scientist w/ Hard Science R&D or PM Experience
Mission Services | Washington, DC | Full Time
PhD research scientist with hard science R&D or PM experience
Hours: Full time (day)
Required Clearance: Top Secret
Location: Northern Virginia
Required Experience: National Science Foundation (NSF) experience
Education: PhD in a hard science with research experience
Position Summary: EICORP is seeking a PhD research scientist with hard science R&D or PM experience in areas that could translate into mission/system benefits to the IC. Someone who is known in DOD or IC research communities is highly desirable.
- Champion IC basic research needs across all US government basic research funding agencies; advocate for inclusion of IC needs with other organizations' investment portfolios.
- Analyze IC intelligence capabilities to assess gaps/shortcomings of existing systems. Translate those gaps into basic Research requirements to that can be adapted into future development systems to improve intelligence collection, analysis, or other core IC mission area.
- Cultivate relationships with organizations having missions similar to the following organizations to encourage basic Research in areas that might be translated into improved IC capabilities.
- DoD Research organizations (e.g., Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), Office of Naval Research (ONR), Army Research Lab (ARL), DOD laboratories, DoD Chief Scientists, etc.)
- National laboratories (e.g., Sandia Labs, Lawrence Livermore Lab, Advanced Research Laboratories (ARL), etc.)
- Independent Federal Agencies (e.g., National Science Foundation)
- Academic institutions and universities (to include Multidisciplinary University Research Initiatives (MURI) Program), Applied Research Laboratories
- Commercial organizations and industries
- Develop metrics and reporting mechanisms to measure progress towards achieving AT&F/S&T goals and objectives
- Conduct organizational reviews of operational effectiveness to determine where and how current intelligence support capabilities can better integrate with Research/S&T priorities to define future goals and objectives.
- Identify areas of unifying intelligence strategies that can be exploited by application of emerging technologies to close collection gaps and improve analysis synergy through application of new methodologies and programs of analysis.
- Integrate national intelligence priority framework requirements and hard target defeat strategies using Research investments and long-term goals through the synthesis of common campaign strategy elements and cross application of both existing government technologies and industry driven initiatives.
- Provide support to S&T campaign program manager, perform in-depth research to identify campaign requirements, create briefings and presentations, apply program of analysis methodologies to identify collection opportunities, develop point papers and implementation plans to integrate Research and exploit emerging S&T trends to close gaps against hard targets.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five years’ experience conducting basic research in any core scientific discipline (e.g., chemistry, physics, biology, optics, acoustics, electromagnetic, etc.) or other similar technology
- Experience working as a Government or contractor employee with an organization whose primary mission is basic research and development (e.g., DoD 61XX or 62XX program areas). Such organization include but are not limited to: NSF, AFOSR, ONR, DARPA, IARPA, Office of Chief Scientist in any military service
- Understanding of the Intelligence Community (IC), mission, Organizations/Agencies comprising the IC, and their relationships.
- Ability to communicate advanced technology-related systems, capabilities, and concepts, both orally and written, to persons in senior leadership/management positions and to peers.
- Strong knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures related to basic research, analysis and reporting on diverse subject matters, including complex scientific and technical topics of interest to the IC.
- Ability to develop strategies for cross-functional, multi-regional, and technology-oriented S&T requirements to implement innovative government and industry solutions to solve collection and analysis gaps against hard targets.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously and work successfully in a team environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills and a firm grasp of intelligence and S&T issues facing the nation.
- Demonstrated ability in program and project management, and leading diverse teams of peers and collaborators.
- Demonstrated aptitude in envisioning alternate applications of science and technology.
- Basic understanding of scientific methods, disciplines, and the linkage between science and technology in real-world practice.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 10 years’ experience with S&T or Research application of collection and analysis strategies against hard targets.
- Ability to lead and support DNI initiatives through the development, implementation and evaluation of strategy and operational sustainability to foster and sustain change initiatives to meet high-level goals and specific, measurable results
- Knowledge of IC business practices and procedures.
- Experience working S&T-related projects with DOD, the Office of the Director National Intelligence or other Government S&T agencies
- Published in one or several fields involving research in a hard science
EICORP is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers whom reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, in order to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our marketshare throughout industry.
EICORP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.