Information Management Support Officer – Senior
Mission Services | Northern Virginia, VA | Full Time
Information Management Support Officer – Senior (Records Preservation Specialist)
EICORP is seeking an Information Management Support person to support its growing mission requirements and evolving processes for preserving and managing records. The Records Preservation Team plays a key role in a unit charged with safeguarding intelligence equities. This position would be a great fit for anyone who is looking for an opportunity to grow with Raytheon and work on a long-term contract. The culture and environment are extremely supportive, collaborative, and creative.
Compensation for top-talent based on experience, we are looking for top candidates as soon as possible.
Hours: Day Shift
Location: Multiple Locations
Required Clearance: ***Candidate must have a TS/SCI with Poly***
Education: Bachelor’s degree plus two (2) or more years of relevant work experience, years of experience can be supplemented for a degree
- Records Preservation Support Specialist to provide expertise in the Information
- Management Services and Records Preservation Division.
- The candidate must have a working and practical knowledge of job area of the customer organizations information management governance process and issues that impact record keeping systems, metadata, records retention and disposition, vital records, classification and
- control markings, etc., to avoid delays in program schedules.
- The candidate is expected to be involved in continuous learning and maintain current on
- technical job knowledge through attending courses and understanding the history of preserving specific classified documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical duties of a Records Preservation Support Technician include but are not limited to the following, experience with these responsibilities is highly desired:
- Support the full scope of records collection, preservation, and management activities of the
- Customer’s records regardless of the media type to achieve operational targets that directly impacts the Customer’s requirements.
- Requires knowledge of job area to ensure that records management and classification policies are in place for the Customer.
- Responsible for conducting inventories of inactive records collections to recommend the appropriate direction for the Customers Records Control Schedule (RCS).
- Determine temporary records and permanent records to improve management effectiveness. Identify and dispose of non-record material and records exceeding their retention in accordance with federal policy and procedures.
- Works independently to conduct preservation activities on records of permanent and Customer-designated historic value.
- Responsible for retiring inactive permanent and temporary records to the Customer’s records center.
- Enter all metadata for retired records in the Customer’s automated systems.
- Work on projects independently making appropriate enhancements in coordination with the Records Preservation Lead and the Records Preservation Specialist.
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area with direct impact on department results. Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/ assignments. Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives or goals of projects and assignments.
- Responsible for making adjustments or recommended enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve the effectiveness of job area
- Requires practical knowledge of job area.
- Problems and issues faced are general, and may require an understanding of a broader set of issues but typically are not complex. Problems may require an understanding of other job areas. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issue.
- U.S. Citizenship is required as this position needs an active TS/SCI Security Clearance with
- polygraph from day one
- Must be highly goal and detailed oriented, with excellent time management skills and ability to work independently under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with various management levels, processes problem-solving skills and the ability to be proactive to delivering high-quality services to all stakeholders.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-level work that involves obtaining and/or providing information requiring explanation or interpretation to team members.
- Demonstrated experience developing excellent relationships with clients and technical teams.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
EICORP is a leader in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our market-share throughout the industry.
EICORP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factors.
Please call 202-333-7403 if you have any questions or concerns.