Human Resources Generalist - Full Performance
Mission Services | Northern Virginia, VA | Full Time
Human Resources Generalist - Full Performance
Hours: Full time (day)
Required Clearance: ***Candidate must have a TS/SCI with Poly***
Location: Multiple Locations
Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the application of Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or Human Capital Management; or a related degree in business administration, business management, Organizational Development Psychology, or Sociology.
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree (minimum of 3 years).
The position provides substantive advice across a full range of HR areas to include workforce planning, talent acquisition, staffing and selection, employee development, compensation, benefits, policy, performance management, rewards and recognition, and retention. They partner with senior management to develop, implement, and influence HR policies, plans, and strategies that align with Agency and Intelligence Community talent initiatives to enable the mission. Positions are responsible for communicating policies supportive of Human Resource’s goals and objectives encouraging open and honest communication.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the HR resource to directorate or office/component managers and employees.
- Provides substantive information, advice and guidance to directorate or office managers and employees on a broad range of HR issues—staffing and selection, organizational structure, performance management and evaluation, employee development, adverse action, and grievance procedures.
- Advises managers and employees on state and federal employment regulations, collective agreements, benefit and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs.
- Identifies and develops effective policies on the resolution of a full range of HR issues for management.
- Prepares studies on local organizational HR performance; identifies developing trends and issues based on changing workforce demographics or mission objectives; develops plans and/or policies for addressing those issues in coordination with the directorate or office management.
- Proactively seeks a resolution to problems or challenges by focusing on improving processes and procedures to ensure optimal effectiveness.
- Gathers analyzes and presents descriptive data and recommendations for use by managers in both tactical (day-to-day) and strategic decision-making.
- Identifies long and short-range strategic organizational HR initiatives; develops and implements project plans and deliverables.
- Facilitates and participates in group decision making, working with managers to structure the content of discussions and actively participating and influencing discussions and decisions.
- Promotes actions and strategies that create a culture where employees are valued and respected.
- Conducts sophisticated research, collecting information from HR functional areas and/or referring to regulations, Directorate, office, or component policies, procedural instructions, or handbooks. Prepares moderately to complex memoranda for senior Agency management to implement changes to Agency HR regulations or to implement new regulations. Gathers analyzes and presents data and recommendations on HR policy issues to HR and Agency management. When necessary, requests a waiver from OPM on designated Federal regulations.
- Makes recommendations to managers on the best way to address an employee issue, balancing the needs of the employee with the needs of the Directorate, office, or component; explains issue cause and resolution to the employee.
- Ensures accuracy and currency of the data and documents pertaining to Directorate or office employees and organizational structure.
- Evaluates job positions, determining classification, exempt or non-exempt status, and salary
- Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, promotions, and employee benefits.
- Serves as a resource on issues related to processing employee assignments to foreign/domestic locations.Instills the vision of that office in the design, implementation, and management of a directorate or component HR program.
- Represents the Directorate or component by serving as a liaison between the Directorate or component and HR on staffing and employee development.
- Ensures data integrity is accurately maintained by creating and reviewing various standard and/or tailored HR reports on a regular basis to include: strength reports, promotion panel results, staffing complements, and performance metrics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply analytic and diagnostic techniques sufficient to identify, evaluate, and recommend appropriate HR interventions to resolve routine to moderately complex HR problems and issues.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply project management concepts and principles to plan and implement initiatives to address customer needs and plan for contingencies.
- Ability to interpret and apply HR business rules and use available job aids to accurately enter employee and organizational data into the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Ability to interact with managers in order to contribute to and influence decision-making.
- Ability to prepare and deliver comprehensive briefings to senior managers on HR topics.
- ·Excellent oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to employee questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to consult and collaborate with senior managers to identify HR issues of concern and develop an understanding of the organizational environment, desired mission outcomes, and objectives.
- Uses communication skills to persuade or convince others of the need for change. Strategically leads, partners, and plans within the office.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for innovation within HR organization; analyzes relative value of alternative approaches or process improvements, which impact achievements of HR objectives.
- Ability to obtain considerable knowledge of Agency and Human Resources regulations, policies, and unique Agency authorities in order to address organizational/business issues and questions.
- Ability to obtain considerable knowledge of component operations to anticipate and develop human resources strategic plans in coordination with component management and HRO.
- Considerable knowledge of quality assurance procedures to ensure data integrity and timeliness of the data.
- Considerable knowledge of the data maintained in the HR systems and the relevance of this data in addressing organizational issues and questions.
- Considerable knowledge of and ability to use information technology tools— HR databases, Excel PowerPoint, and MSWord—to support decision making.
- Ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities, and workflow management
- Strong problems solving skills demonstrated by identifying the nature of the problem and impact on the organization, conducting research and analysis to ensure understanding of the problem and desired outcomes.
EICORP is a leader in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our market-share throughout the industry.
EICORP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factors.
Please call 202-333-7403 if you have any questions or concerns.