Help Desk Specialist
Mission Services | Herndon, VA | Full Time
Help Desk Specialist
Hours: Full time (day)
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Location: Herndon, VA
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor degree from an accredited institution plus at least 4 years relevant experience.
· Four (4) years of experience (for a total of eight (8) or more years) may be substituted for a degree, with a high school diploma.
Candidates for this position would be expected to work directly with customers throughout the day and provide Tier 1 technical support. The candidate will be working with people at a variety of different skill levels, so flexibility and patience will be key qualities. They will be expected to support end users on a variety of issues. The contractor will assist with identifying, researching, and resolving technical issues, responding to and/or following up on telephone calls, email, and incident ticket requests, and receiving and recording technical and/or application support calls from end users. The right candidate should have excellent knowledge of monitor troubleshooting and maintaining the overall health of systems and applications.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Assist and troubleshoot customer problems involving hardware, software and networking
· Submit and track tickets using the customer's ticketing systems
· Assist users with account maintenance tasks like changing passwords
· Assist users with Microsoft Office
· Assist users with customer specific applications and hardware configurations
· Track mandatory training compliance for specified individuals
· Track all service calls and provide periodic metrics
· Assist with other tasks as directed
· Windows administration, including changing passwords
· Microsoft Office
· Basic hardware configuration
· How to use the customer's request ticketing systems (not an absolute requirement, can be learned)
· Demonstrated on-the-job Help Desk/O&M experience.
· One to two years demonstrated on-the-job experience in a technical help desk position supporting Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and business applications used within a business environment.
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience with multiple desktop programs, configuration, and debugging techniques.
· Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting troubleshooting skills
EICORP is a leader in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our market-share throughout the industry.
EICORP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
External referral eligible! Please call 202-333-7403 if you have any questions or concerns.