Graphic Designer/Documentation/Work Products and Editing Support
Mission Services | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
Position: Senior Graphic Designer/Documentation/Work Products and Editing Support
Clearance: ***Candidate MUST have Top Secret/SCI with Poly on the date of hire***
Location: Bethesda, MD
Shift: Day Job
Required Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (marketing, communications, public relations, technical writing/editing or related business field) and 3-5 years of experience required in writing, editing, or communications role.
- Support the customer with editing, creating, processing, and coordinating the composition of products for hardcopy and electronic publication and dissemination. This work includes editing, proofreading, formatting, creating graphics, and providing quality control for the publication of analytic and finished intelligence products (including briefing books) for senior policymakers. Documentation work includes ensuring consistency in organization, style, and readability.
- Lead document production efforts, define project requirements, develop production timelines, use approved formats, research written and graphic content, prepare concepts for customer review, produce final content layout and artwork, coordinate with stakeholders, ensure quality control, and prepare and deliver digital files for a final hard copy or soft copy output.
- Serve as the technical/creative resource for report production projects, provide alternative approaches and mediums for consideration, review concepts, content and final artwork, and recommend or incorporate revisions for team projects to ensure adherence to technical production and quality control standards.
- Support all branding and marketing efforts, including strategy development and campaign execution
- Provide technical editing and creative support for all report production projects, including all aspects of production activities, designing complex publication products such as books, foldouts, newsletters, etc. and classification review
- Assist the Public Affairs Officer to plan and design briefing products, web products, and websites, partnering with clients to ensure inclusion of project requirements. Plan and develop original, innovative content and graphics concepts, formats, templates, and/or standards for product design.
- Define, clarify, and communicate customers' requirements and coordinate with customers to plan projects; work closely with customers to translate vision and conceptual ideas into graphics products, assess work parameters on complex projects, collect information, negotiate production schedules, and resolve difficult procedural and production problems that may arise.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Program Manager to review Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and propose redactions on records for Information Management review and release.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design and photography including Adobe Creative Suite tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience with technical writing and reports production and print and digital visual communications production.
- Demonstrated skilled knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including SharePoint, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Demonstrated ability to review reports/presentations for grammatical errors and quality assurance and provide substantive edits for improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical production and quality control standards; the ability to define requirements and develop production timelines; select appropriate formats; knowledge of proper file structure; experience working with large-scale digital printers; and packaging small print products (examples- booklets, trifold brochures, and cards, etc.); must be able to prepare and deliver digital files for final hard copy or soft copy output; and recommend alternative approaches and mediums for customer consideration.
EICORP is a leader in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, in order to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our market share throughout the industry.
EICORP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Please call 202-333-7403 if you have any questions or concerns.