Accountant (Multiple Levels)
Mission Services | Northern Virginia, VA | Full Time
Accountant (Multiple Levels)
***This position has multiple levels. The skill level will be determined after resume review.***
Hours: Full time (day)
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI/Polygraph
Location: Multiple Locations
Experience: Five (5) years demonstrated professional accounting experience with a keen understanding of the responsibilities associated with financial management, accounting, auditing, and/or fiscal control.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
Work includes performing a full range of moderate to moderately complex financial activities and is conducted within established financial, strategic program guidelines, including the coordination of day-to-day financial activities, within the area of assignment and performing the full range of moderately complex to complex financial activities.
Accounting work includes the preparation, analysis, and reconciliation of financial statements and information, tax returns, general ledgers, etc.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the day-to-day financial activities within the area of assignment and performs the full range of moderately complex to complex financial activities
- Analyzes financial information to include but not limited to bank accounts, billing statements, financial statements, trend reports, Service Level Agreements (SLA), tax returns, appropriate Agency systems, etc. to identify and resolve discrepancies and to ensure data integrity is maintained; refers highly complex issues to senior technical experts or managers and provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Provides technical, financial advice, guidance, and instruction to managers, staff, and others on the full range of financial processes, workflow, and priorities. Identifies and assists in the resolution of moderately complex to complex financial problems and issues.
- Assists managers, within the area of assignment, in the development of specific financial policies.
- Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of a system of checks and balances to ensure the integrity of financial records.
- Reviews and assesses financial processes and procedures to identify and implement changes to gain efficiencies.
- Reviews financial activity and accrues expenses as needed in support of financial statements.
- Analyzes and reconciles General Ledger accounts to identify and resolve all complex discrepancies.
- Gathers and analyzes financial data from various systems; creates and presents reports to senior managers and makes recommendations in support of the mission.
- Maintains professional development through continuing education, attending courses, seminars, workshops, or by reading professional journals.
- May serve as team lead, mentor or first-line supervisor for contractor personnel.
- Assigns and monitors the contractor workload in the area of assignment; prioritizes, delegates and monitors contractor work assignments.
- Resolves personnel problems/issues; provides technical direction and guidance; and provides constructive feedback and career guidance.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Other functions may vary depending on the office of assignment. Other functions may include:
- Prepares financial statements to support the Agency, Working Capital Fund business.
- Prepares complex tax returns and reconciliations in support of the Agency’s Tax Program.
- Analyzes and tests systems that interface with the accounting system to ensure the integrity of accounting data.
- Analyzes WCF Financial statements and other financial data submitted by Business Enterprises.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Considerable knowledge of Federal appropriation law and ability to obtain considerable knowledge of Agency regulations, concepts, methods, and standards impacting financial activities.
- Ability to obtain considerable knowledge of Finance procedures and policies specific to the area of assignment.
- Considerable knowledge of customer mission requirements sufficient to anticipate required financial support.
- Strong analytical skills are necessary to compile data, analyze it, and develop financial reports.
- Considerable knowledge of quality assurance procedures to ensure data integrity and timeliness of the data.
- Ability to apply analytic, diagnostic, and qualitative techniques sufficient to identify, evaluate, and recommend to managers appropriate financial solutions to resolve moderately complex to complex interrelated financial issues.
EICORP is a leader in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our market-share throughout the industry.
EICORP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factors.
Please call 202-333-7403 if you have any questions or concerns.