Video Production & Social Assistant
Content | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Production and Social Assistant will play a crucial role in the growth of Edmunds’ newly formed Content Special Projects team. You will work alongside the Supervising Producer, production manager and the rest of the forty-strong Edmunds’ editorial team to create industry leading content for our partner CarMax. If you’re eager to learn, always looking for a solution, and can offer creative ways to contribute, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Working as part of a team, this role will provide various administrative services to keep the cast and crew happy and the production on schedule and within budget. They should be able to juggle the needs of multiple projects at a time, working with crews throughout the production and post-production process, while maintaining communication between all parties. They will be asked to provide creative solutions for a variety of different setbacks and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
The Production and Social Assistant will correspond directly with producers, directors and production managers to fulfill practical everyday production needs. This will entail researching locations, booking crew, assisting with closing out projects, run various errands as required by production, and assist producers on location as needed.
The ideal candidate should be extremely versatile, and should be experienced with a variety of different production formats. This is an in-office job with the possibility of travel to various shoot locations.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside the Supervising Producer and Production Manager to create industry leading video content
- Assist on location as needed by Production (running errands, delivery of vehicles, getting food for crew, picking up/returning gear, and taking notes for directors while filming)
- Collect records/files for all completed and in-progress work
- Coordinate accommodations for casts and crews on location
- Arrange rentals of video equipment/expendables
- Generate call sheets for the Production Manager
- Provide administrative support for the VP Editorial, including organizing external meetings, managing travel logistics and liaison with other executives.
- Ensure all social media content needs are captured on set.
- Ensure all on-set social media creation and requirements are aligned with approved social briefs.
- Verify that all social media content captured adheres to requested formats and current social media best practices.
What You Need:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience as an administrative assistant and/or production assistant on set/Post Production
- BA/BS degree in a related field preferred
- Exceptional multitasking skills, managing multiple projects
- Solid overall knowledge of digital and social content formats required
- Ability to act and react professionally in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and think proactively
- Ability to communicate clearly - verbally, visually, and in writing
- Familiarity with G-Suite
- Must be able to lift, carry or move objects up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to spend time in the field and drive regularly.
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.