Technical Lead (Consumer Products)
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Helping people find the best car and deal, period. As a Technical Lead, you will be leading a small engineering team to create the best customer experiences on some of the most highly visible pages within the core research and upper funnels on Edmunds. Come join a dynamic team who is thinking about the most scalable and innovative web solutions every day.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a small team of dedicated technologists, promoting best practices via mentorship and code review
- Work closely with a product team to help build high-visibility, engaging products for consumers
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
What You Need:
- At least 5 years working with operations, server-side and front-end technologies with a great track record of delivery
- Experience managing a cross-functional team of 2-5 members
- Deep knowledge of web application development using Java, GraphQL, React
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, along with the knowledge of how best to schedule software delivery across a variety of priorities
- An attention to detail on delivery of production-grade software including testing, DevOps, monitoring, performance measurement, and incident management
Why do you want this job?
- Our stack is constantly evolving! We don’t have a stodgy attitude to technology, and you can help shape our future stack.
- Our people! You’ll get to work with talented people
- Your impact! You will have a tangible impact on the company and the car buying process in the United States (think big!)
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.