Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who is passionate about user experience, fast webpages, and continuous learning. You will be responsible for building delightful and engaging online car shopping experiences for consumers. Buying a car can be a daunting process that consumers begrudgingly go through every five to six years. You will work with a cross-functional team to build products that take the stress out of car buying.
What You’ll Do:
- Streamline the way customers reach out to dealers through our platform by optimising the performance of those pages. In some cases, this will involve completely rewriting pages using our React-based isomorphic application framework.
- Help customers complete more of their transaction online by building deeper integrations with progressive dealers.
- Assure shoppers that they are getting a good price by revamping the way we present pricing on our website.
- Coordinate the development of front-end features from technical design to production deployment.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and application engineers.
- Develop, document, and evangelize best practices.
- Candidate must be unwilling to compromise quality for speed and must be able to effectively defend this position.
- Candidate must be comfortable serving as the most-senior front-end developer on a team.
- Candidate must work effectively with product managers, designers, backend engineers, and technical leads within the team and from other teams.
What You Need:
- Demonstrated ability to see large-scale projects to completion.
- Familiarity with testing strategies, cross-browser compatibility, and client-side performance optimisation
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with React and isomorphic JS experience is a plus
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs is a plus
- Experience with a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus
- Experience architecting multi-tier systems is a plus
- Experience designing data storage schemas is a plus
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.