Technical Lead (Ad Solutions)
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a technical lead to join the Ad Solutions team. This team is responsible for growing and transforming digital automotive advertising by driving online engagement with our dealer partners’ digital advertising, owning advertising infrastructure initiatives, and providing technical expertise in integrating with the ever-growing Ad Tech space.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a cross-functional team of software engineers to deliver advertising technology software
- Partner with product managers and set the technical vision for the team
- Build and maintain big data processes to prepare and syndicate automotive advertising campaigns.
- Build tools to help dealer partners customize their online advertising
- Mentor software engineers
- Own the development of features from technical design to production deployment
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Candidate must be unwilling to compromise quality for speed and must be able to effectively defend this position
- Candidate must be flexible and willing to work with all levels of the technology stack
- Candidate must work effectively with product managers, analysts, software engineers, and technical leads from other teams
What You Need:
- Ability to read, understand, and troubleshoot Python and Java software
- Attention to detail
- Experience leading a team of individuals with disparate areas of expertise
- Ability to mentor others in all aspects of software engineering
- Ability to see large-scale projects to completion
- Ability to convert product requirements into technical specifications and effectively communicate them to both onsite and offshore engineers
- Ability to design scalable systems and maintain them in production
- Nice to have: experience working with a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Nice to have: experience with a big data platform such as MapReduce or Spark
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.