Digital and Advertising Solutions | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Define, design and develop any software system around the Edmunds.com ad products balancing urgency, business processes, system quality and innovation. Breakdown technical challenges into their component parts. Build better teams, everyday. Do your best work with a distributed team centered out of a Santa Monica office. Looking for an opportunity to lead engineers and own delivery of critical systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Take over an existing ad platform and products and improve it to be the market leader
- Continue to improve our APIs, reporting, and monitoring
- Work with business to resolve customer issues at scale
- Lead and mentor other developers on the team
- Use Apache Spark, AWS, and external ad platforms to deliver sponsored content.
Skills (we love to work with people who love):
- Deep understanding. You know that by the time your team has escalated a problem to you, it likely involves balancing complex interests in order to be resolved.
- Communication. You know that the best solutions require constructively and persuasively expressing ideas amongst people with diverse interests and have the confidence to bring your experience to the arena.
- Influence. You know how to identify the key choices and bring your credibility and persuasiveness to bear making sure that they are resolved.
- Passion for learning. You will not be restricted in what problems will be addressed by your pre-existing mix of skill-sets.
- Openness to improvement. You get better through feedback. You seek opportunities for that feedback all throughout the organization, but especially rely on your team.
- Engineering. You apply math, process, experience and imagination to the invention, improvement and maintenance of robust and scalable systems that delight your users.
- Recognition of done. You believe that work is complete when it is live, making your users lives better, tested to protect your business and instrumented for when things go wrong.
- You have worked in multiple successful teams.
- You have delivered multiple products that required you to write code.
- You have supported those products in a high availability setting.
- You have made your team better through mentoring and influencing the technical standard.
- You have worked inside of a team inclusive of diverse opinions and experience.
- You have learned something new that improved your ability to execute in your current role in the last six months.
- You have experience using Apache Spark, AWS lambda, dynamo, SNS and SQS to deliver production ready internet-scale systems.
- You can design REST-ful APIs and understand the usage of HATEOS.
- You are familiar with Node.js, React, CSS, and HTML5
- You understand that documentation and metrics should fall out of the development process and not be added on begrudgingly.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.