Software Engineer, Java
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
We’re looking for an exceptional engineer to play a key role in the evolution of our Internal Data Tools. This position is within the Data Tools team and will work on converting legacy systems into cloud hosted web based applications. In addition, you’ll be working to support & enhance existing systems for business continuity and improve productivity of Edmunds Content teams. Edmunds Content Teams use these systems to acquire, enrich & validate core data displayed in Edmunds.com. Most of these systems use PostgressSQL database, new systems are build using Rest API and Tools are using various technologies like java, angular etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with product owners to define requirements and acceptance criteria
- Application and infrastructure design from concept through development, implementation & deployment of quality software
- Create useful documentation for systems worked on (javadoc, wiki pages, etc)
- Work with distributed teams.
- Cross team coordination.
- Ability to work switch context and gain expertise on multiple projects.
What You Need:
- Proficiency with Java, Messaging system, SQL.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Self-starter that can work in a highly cross functional environment and remove road blocks
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
A Few Of The Perks:
· Results Only Work Environment (ROWE): we celebrate results, not hours worked; you’re empowered to manage your schedule in order to integrate work and life so that neither gets neglected
· Flexible Time Away From Work: no more counting your vacation days! You can take what you need – as long as your work gets done.
· Trip Ca$h: paid paid vacation! Edmunds will give you $500 towards your next vacation.
· Competitive Pay & Fantastic Benefits: 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?), great coverage, and subsidized gym memberships. We could tell you all of our benefits but then we’d have to hire you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.