Software Engineer Intern
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Internship
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
As a Software Engineer Intern in the Edmunds Advertising Solutions and Traffic Acquisition group, you will be working closely with our software engineers to help research, design, implement, and ship innovative solutions to challenging technical problems. We do not just build and maintain various systems to drive traffic from various sources to both our Edmunds website and our dealer partners, but we also build solutions to optimize the users’ experience and engagement to landing destinations. We manage these systems end to end, so it will be a great opportunity to learn and make an impact in various areas including: software engineering, web services, large data processing, and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply computer science and software engineering knowledge to design, build, and deploy highly scalable and distributed software using primarily Java and Python.
- Break technical challenges into components, analyze, and discuss trade offs to choose the best solution to a problem or to improve existing systems.
- Work with Apache Spark for big data problems and AWS services such as Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, and others.
What You Need:
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience writing code in one or more of the following languages: C++, Java, JS, or Python.
- Strong understanding and have completed projects or classes focused on computer science fundamentals such as: Data Structures, Algorithms, Programming and/or Networking.
- Good problem solving and communication skills, as well as passion for learning.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.