Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and support Rest APIs with high availability and performance SLAs complying to microservice principles.
- Develop and support GraphQL data services as we scale GraphQL adoption.
- Be the subject matter expert on various domain applications.
- Build and support serverless platform that resizes millions of images in a few hours.
- Engineer and deploy multiple systems and processes across a spectrum of services following Continuous Delivery and Cloud-First Strategy.
- Develop modern data curation solutions to allowing Data Content Editors to quickly onboard new data sources and enhance existing data integrations.
- Wide spectrum of applications and domain knowledge required to be effective in job function. Quick learner.
- Ability to handle multiple customer requests, which requires good due diligence and prioritization skills.
- Problem solving skills for quick troubleshooting and optimal solution design.
What You Need:
- Proficiency in Java programming is desired with experience using Spring framework along with an understanding of when to apply different Object-Oriented Programming principles.
- Understanding of microservice APIs and exposure to NoSQL databases.
- Understanding of GraphQL development echo system.
- Experience with AWS especially AWS Gateway, S3, and Lambdas is a plus.
- A passion to never stop learning - our stack is constantly evolving
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.