Software Engineer (Cloud & Security Operations)
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
As a Software Engineer in the Cloud and Security Operations department you’ll be a forward-thinking team player ensuring Edmunds’ technical systems and applications work optimally and deliver their intended value. If they don’t, you’ll be an active participant or leader in finding a solution that does.
What You’ll Do:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user, system level, and data management applications
- Quickly get up to speed and understand our technology stack; includes having a hands-on understanding of technologies such as AWS and Docker
- Implement software solutions that adhere to best practices and design
- Assist in planning and coordinating the maintenance of enterprise solutions including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment
- Help automate and develop tools that ensure the rapid, safe, and high-quality delivery of features that are automatically promoted in the pre-production pipeline to the production platform
- Scale business critical systems to support increasing demand
- Work closely with other software engineers, designers, and product managers
What You Need:
- Understanding of web application development from front-end to back-end to data storage using appropriate technologies already familiar to you. Knowledge of Linux operating systems including bash scripting, IP network technologies and DNS
- Software Development experience using relevant programming languages
- Scripting skills in Python, Ruby, Shell or another common language
- Experience working with cloud-based solutions on AWS
- Excellent problem solving skills are a must!
- Thrive on keeping up with rapidly changing technology stack and processes
- Great at working with all levels across the engineering team
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.