Software Engineer (Ad Solutions)
Technology | Remote | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Ad Solutions team. This team is responsible for growing and transforming digital automotive advertising. We drive online engagement with our dealer partners’ digital advertising, own advertising infrastructure initiatives, and provide technical expertise in integrating with the ever-evolving Ad Tech space
What You’ll Do:
- Work with other software engineers and product managers to build and improve advertising technology solutions
- Maintain APIs and big data processes to support the advertising business
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
What You Need:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, and server side preprocessing such as SASS
- Basic understanding of build tools such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt
- Understanding of modern web development and ability to write performant cross-browser compatible software
- Ability to troubleshoot both client-side and server-side software as well as batch processes
- Willingness to learn and work in all levels of the technology stack.
- Nice to have: ability to understand and troubleshoot Python and Java
- Nice to have: experience working with a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Nice to have: experience with a big data platform such as MapReduce or Spark
- Nice to have: familiarity with a modern UI framework like React, Vue, or Angular
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.