Senior Systems Engineer
Technology | Remote | Full Time
Edmunds offers flexibility to work fully remote, from our Edquarters, or a combination of both
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
You will help keep the wheels moving at Edmunds as a Senior Systems Engineer of corporate IT infrastructure as a member of the IS team. You will endeavor to ensure critical systems are healthy, stable, and scalable, and be a key contributor to the development and enforcement of corporate policies and procedures. You will be supporting a hybrid cloud environment primarily split between AWS and our on-premises datacenter, but will also support smaller Google Cloud and Azure environments. You will also be primarily responsible for leading the team in the development of Rundeck automations, maintaining and developing code and scripts to lower human intervention, and contributing to the effort of transitioning the team to a DevOps-oriented environment.
What You’ll Do:
- The primary activities of the position include administering and supporting the following core activities:
- AWS engineering (EC2, S3, data lifecycle management) ○ NetApp storage infrastructure
- VMWare/Veeam infrastructure
- Dell Server infrastructure
- Google Workspace administration
- Okta SSO administration
- Rundeck/Terraform automations
- Collaborate with other tech and security teams to optimize and implement industry best practices
- Key deliverables include: the ability to create, manage, and implement technology project plans, provide escalated support of incidents and outages, and the ability to communicate (verbal and written) highly technical jargon to a non-technical audience
What You Need:
Apart from a demonstrated understanding of core technologies that we support: Microsoft Active Directory, VMWare ESX, Google Workspace Enterprise, NetApp infrastructure, and Windows server administration and being able to provide after hours, escalated support, you will need the below skills in abundance to be successful:
- 8 years system administration experience
- Extensive Cloud experience - primarily AWS
- Solid scripting skills
- Solid experience with virtualization and HCI technologies
- Experience with automation tools
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Professional customer service skills
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Pre-tax spending accounts for qualified transportation expenses
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.