Senior Software Engineer (Front End focus)
Technology | Remote | Full Time
Edmunds offers flexibility to work fully remote, from our Edquarters, or a combination of both
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a senior software engineer to transform the way people buy cars. Buying a car can be a daunting process through which consumers begrudgingly go every five to six years. At Edmunds, we build tools to allow consumers to shop online and connect with dealers on their terms. You will work with a cross-functional team to create products that take the stress out of car buying.
What You’ll Do:
- Build a seamless online automotive retailing channel
- Gather and present accurate automotive pricing information so shoppers know they’re getting the best deals
- Build experiences using our modern web development stack, which includes NodeJS, React, Java, and AWS infrastructure and services
- Build tools to facilitate online automotive transactions
- Build new experiences to aid shoppers and test features to drive engagement
- Work closely with other software engineers, designers, and product managers
- Mentor software engineers
What You Need:
We’re looking for a software engineer for The Edmunds Deal team who will lead our front end development:
- Ability to engage in code reviews and liaise with other engineering teams. Most teams are based in the Pacific time zone, will require working PST hours, but we also have a contingent of engineers in Europe.
- This work is mostly categorized as front end website work and leverages modern web development technologies/standards Proficiency with ES6 + HTML5 + CSS3 + at least one modern UI framework like React, Vue, etc. is a must-have.
- Proficiency in NodeJS is preferred.
- Ability to coordinate complex changes with other interested parties.
- Experience enhancing and evolving existing systems.
- Ability to identify vulnerabilities and security concerns and recommend secure solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to design and write maintainable software
- Experience with multiple programming paradigms including object-oriented and functional
- Familiarity with multiple levels of the technology stack from the end user experience to the infrastructure
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience in some Email HTML/CSS templating tools.
- Experience with operations and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience working with a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Pre-tax spending accounts for qualified transportation expenses
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.