Senior Software Engineer (Cloud & Security Operations)
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds.com is looking for a Lead Software Engineer in the Cloud & Security Operations department who can define, design and develop solutions balancing urgency, business processes, system quality and innovation. You will break down technical challenges into their component parts and do your best work with a distributed team centered out of our Santa Monica office. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be a forward-thinking team player ensuring Edmunds’ technical systems and applications work optimally and deliver their intended value. If they do not, you will be an active participant or leader in finding a solution that does.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver services such as Platform and Software as a Service, DevOps templates, and Infrastructure as Service
- Create REST-based web services and APIs for consumption by various teams across the organization
- Collaborate on the development and design of software and systems with other engineers and stakeholders to ensure best practices are followed
- Help automate and develop tools that ensure the rapid, safe, and high-quality delivery of features
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Support CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance.
- Support full automation of CI/ Testing
- Develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance for both CI/CD operations and for work of developers
- On-board/ train and support developers from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards
- Enable DevOps by moving code from Dev/ Test to Staging and Production. Troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipeline
What You Need:
- You have an architectural perspective, you can lead the design of medium to large projects with feedback from other engineers
- You would like to do things the right way, you know what works and what does not and you can elaborate on the why and how
- You have extensive knowledge of one or more cloud services: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- You have exceptional proficiency in at least one programming language
- You have extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems including bash scripting, IP network technologies and DNS
- Expertise with build automation tools and continuous delivery platforms including Spinnaker, CodeBuild, Jenkins, etc
- Good understanding of:
- Build-time dependency management
- Testing and code-coverage tools
- Quality Control and Test Automation in Agile-based Continuous Integration environments
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.