Senior Software Engineer
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who is passionate about building products for other engineers to operate, test, and measure the performance of their services at scale. Examples of these products include developing telemetry pipelines, automated data analysis systems, and tooling to support website services & platform development. Our motto is “Build it. Test it. Measure it. Monitor it. Improve it.”
This is a unique opportunity for a full-stack engineer to influence technology culture and shape the best practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish, maintain and evangelize best practices in building high quality services that emphasize code visibility, security and performance;
- Automate existing processes and build new tools using Java, Python, NodeJs to improve & support operational efficiency;
- Engage in and improve the whole software development lifecycle -- from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement;
- Work with software development teams in developing, measuring, and monitoring Service Level Objectives (SLO) and their key performance indicators (KPI) through data driven analysis.
What You Need:
- Multi-year experience in a reliability engineering and software engineering;
- Advanced experience with programming languages like Java, Python, NodeJS;
- Advanced experience with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis;
- Deep systems infrastructure knowledge and practical experience with Linux/Unix, Docker & AWS are a plus;
- Experience with application performance tuning and troubleshooting;
- Experience with deploying, supporting and monitoring new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks;
- A passion to never stop learning - our stack is constantly evolving.
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.