Senior Software Engineer
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a senior software engineer to transform the way people buy cars. Buying a car can be a daunting process through which consumers begrudgingly go every five to six years. At Edmunds, we build tools to allow consumers to shop online and connect with dealers on their terms. You will work with a cross-functional team to create products that take the stress out of car buying.
What You’ll Do:
● Build rich conversational interfaces to make car buying easy using modern Java and AWS infrastructure and services
● Build tools to facilitate online automotive transactions
● Scale business critical systems to support increasing demand
● Work closely with other software engineers, designers, and product managers
● Mentor software engineers
What You Need:
● Ability to design, architect, and improve distributed applications
● Experience enhancing and evolving existing systems
● Demonstrated ability to design and write maintainable software
● Experience with multiple programming paradigms including object-oriented and functional
● Familiarity with multiple levels of the technology stack from the end user experience to the infrastructure
● Nice to have: experience designing reactive systems
● Nice to have: experience with operations and infrastructure-as-code
● Nice to have: experience working with a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
Why You Would Want This Job:
● You want to make a tangible impact on people’s lives by improving the car buying process
● You appreciate working with talented people in a variety of roles including software engineering, product management, and design
● You want to take ownership of your own infrastructure and operations
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.