Senior Software Engineer
Technology | Remote | Full Time
Edmunds offers flexibility to work fully remote, from our Edquarters, or a combination of both
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds.com is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in the Cloud & Security Operations department who can define, design, and develop solutions balancing urgency, business processes, system quality, and innovation. You will break down technical challenges into their component parts and do your best work with a distributed team centered out of our Santa Monica office. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a forward-thinking team player ensuring Edmunds’ technical systems and applications work optimally and deliver their intended value. If they do not, you will be an active participant in finding a solution that does.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver services such as Platform and Software as a Service, DevOps templates, and Infrastructure as Service
- Create REST-based web services and APIs for consumption by various teams across the organization
- Collaborate on the development and design of software and systems with other engineers and stakeholders to ensure best practices are followed
- Help automate and develop tools that ensure the rapid, safe, and high-quality delivery of features
- Support CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance
- Develop policies, standards, and guidelines for CI/CD services and operations
- Enable DevOps by developing tools to empower teams and troubleshoot issues as they come up
What You Need:
- You have an architectural perspective, you can drive the design of medium to large projects with feedback from other engineers
- You like to do things the right way, you know what works and what does not and you can elaborate on the why and how
- You have extensive knowledge of one or more cloud services: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- You have exceptional proficiency in at least one programing language
- You have extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems including bash scripting, IP network technologies, and DNS
- Expertise with build automation tools and continuous delivery platforms including Spinnaker, CodeBuild, Jenkins, etc
- Good understanding of:
- Build-time dependency management
- Testing and code-coverage tools
- Quality Control and Test Automation in Agile-based Continuous Integration environments
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Pre-tax spending accounts for qualified transportation expenses
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.