Senior Social Content Strategist
Content | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 20 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how
What You’re Applying For:
Our new Senior Social Content Strategist will be responsible for the aiding in the development and execution of Edmunds’ social media and video content. Working as a key member of the 30-person editorial team, they will report directly to the Director of Social Media and work alongside the entire editorial team as well as relevant cross-departmental stakeholders to ensure Edmunds’ content remains compelling and relevant to our target audience. They will also work cross-functionally within the organization, collaborating closely and at a senior level with others departments, e.g. Marketing, PR and Product.
The Senior Social Content Strategist will be charged with helping produce Edmunds’ content across all current and emerging social media platforms, delivering industry-leading results. This role is responsible for identifying, creating and supporting editorial content, driving improved metrics across Edmunds’ channels. The right candidate must have a comprehensive ability to dive head-first into data, extract learnings and be able to present that data in a digestible format. Have a solid knowledge of the automotive industry, know where the industry is headed and what shoppers are likely to care about. And be passionate and knowledgeable of the all encompassing nature of social, digital and video.
What You’ll Do:
- Social content strategy, from ideation through publication to reporting performance
- Use analytics and data to produce meaningful content
- Optimize content using insights, best practices and available historical data
- As necessary, be able to drive Edmunds’ test fleet and produce written and visual content
What You Need:
- Deep knowledge and experience working in the digital space
- Some knowledge of the social space, best practices and platforms
- Solid analytics background; comfortable looking at data and extracting insights, solving problems, identifying solutions
- Ability to engage with external stakeholders and manage deliverables
- Ability to engage with internal stakeholders, write briefs and ensure requested content meets expectations
- Solid writing ability
- Front of camera experience and broad knowledge of the automotive space is desirable but not essential
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.