Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Build it. Test it. Measure it. Monitor it. Improve it.
An Edmunds Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) is responsible for bridging the gap between operations and software development by focusing on system performance, latency, and efficiency at scale. We spearhead building resiliency and observability into our systems, that results in our website customers having an excellent online research and purchasing experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and improve on the metric monitoring ecosystem: telemetry, metrics, events, logs, and traces that allows us greater visibility into the reliability risks of our application and infrastructure performance.
- Develop automated solutions to proactively identify issues, find root cause, and route issues closer to first responders.
- Participate in software performance analysis and system tuning exercises for developing scalable products.
- Work with product managers and software engineers, to help build high quality applications that emphasize code visibility (Metric Driven Development), performance, security, cloud first architecture, and developer owned infrastructure.
- Work with software development teams in developing, measuring, and monitoring Service Level Objectives (SLO) and their key performance indicators (KPI) through data driven analysis.
- Integrate the team developed SLO’s into actionable monitors and alerts to help ensure that applications are highly available, performant, usable, and error free for our customers.
What You Need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiarity with multiple levels of technology architecture from the client to server side
- Ability to design, architect and improve distributed applications using a combination of Java, python, databricks, NodeJS, docker and AWS infrastructure and services.
- Scripting skills in Python, Ruby, Shell or another common language.
- Experience working with cloud-based solutions on AWS.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system and networking.
- Experience with application performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- A passion to never stop learning - our stack is constantly evolving.
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.