Senior Sales Analyst
Sales (OEM) | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a skilled, smart, and creative Senior Analyst experienced in developing insights out of raw data. This role is supporting the sales team in the reporting and analyses of Tier 1 and Tier 2 advertising and marketing solutions and will report into the Director, Sales Strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, evaluate, refine, and automate analytic models using data to address client ad hoc requests, performance issues, business needs and identify areas of optimization and growth
- Create and produce reports utilizing our data warehouse and other data source systems and summarize your findings through automated visualizations
- Design, conduct and lead analyses that mine, extract, track, report and analyze performance metrics
- Work cross-functionally to extract insight and context from various data sources
- Synthesize complex data/analyses into a clear visualization that tells the story in a meaningful way
- Build processes and scripts that minimize processing and QA times allowing for faster client turnaround times
Timeliness and Multi-tasking:
Part of the challenge working in client-support roles is a certain level of uncertainty - that day-to- day prioritization is constantly evaluated and re-evaluated as client requests come in. This role requires a significant amount of flexibility and the ability to pivot based on business needs and tight deadlines. The individual needs to be able to turn out high quality results sometimes in a rapid-fire cadence. Again, we are aligned to business needs and often times, there are multiple initiatives going on all once, so the individual needs to be able to multi-task.
Also, there’s a considerable amount of ambiguity in client requests and needs, the individual needs to be able to be resourceful in terms of uncovering insights from multiple sources...both from a data perspective, and cross-functional perspective (sometimes you have to seek out other team members for some insights)
What You Need:
- Strong analytical and data mining skills
- Efficient programming skills in SQL and R, and/or SAS, and/or Python
- Deep understanding of data platforms in which you’ve previously worked
- BS/BA Degree is required
- Minimum two years of Data Analyst Experience required
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.