Internal Application: Senior Reviews Editor (Video Host)
Content | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Do you love cars? Are you the go-to car person in your social group? Do you love sharing your passion with friends and family? How about on camera? Edmunds is seeking a personable and enthusiastic host for video content on both company-owned and external channels. While interfacing with multiple departments, you will come up with ideas and scripts for video productions and some written content. You will provide on-screen personality during production, and you will provide timely feedback to a post production team. Our ideal candidate should be able to speak to the automotive novice, the enthusiast, and everyone in between. Interested?
What You’ll Do:
- Play a major role in ideating and scripting video content for YouTube and social channels
- Provide approachable and entertaining on-screen personality during production
- Help identify and generate stellar content for social media channels
- Provide critique and analysis of new and used vehicles on tight turnarounds
- Digest input from the editorial team and relay the Edmunds' voice to our audience
- Write and update content that gives Edmunds users the information they need to make a smart buying decision
- Drive, evaluate, and write about new and used vehicles to determine their strengths, weaknesses and overall level of competitiveness
What You Need:
- Thorough knowledge of automotive product
- On-camera experience a plus
- Some experience writing and/or content creation is a plus
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to spend time in the field and drive regularly
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Enthusiasm: an ability to juggle multiple projects and kick-start initiatives in a busy work environment is a must
- Proficient in MS Word
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.