Senior Product Manager
Product Design & Advertising | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds, we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 20 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds.com is looking for an enterprising Product Manager to join our website advertising team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how advertising and content fit together and be able balance the needs of different stakeholders while meeting revenue goals. The role will lead the team’s day to day activities as it optimizes on-site advertising experiences, develops backend tooling for native ads, and works with other website teams
What You’ll Do:
- Take a lead role with the development team to define, build and deploy advertising features on the Edmunds website. This includes planning sprints, writing individual stories, and accepting completed features
- Work closely with the sales team and ad operations team to ensure delivery of advertising campaigns as expected
- Construct well-defined A/B and multivariate tests to make continual product improvements
- Leverage analytics tools to understand business questions and drive outcomes
- Use reporting to monitor advertising performance and work to fix issues as needed
What You Need:
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Experience with a conversion focused web business
- An understanding of digital advertising platforms, trends, metrics
- Strong analytical skills used to measure impact and outcomes of product enhancements. Familiarity with visualization platforms (e.g., Amplitude, Tableau). SQL a plus.
- Organizational skills that can be used to manage product feature backlog and ability to prioritize incoming requests to meet product goals; includes a familiarity with JIRA, and Agile workflow
- Feel comfortable multi-tasking incoming requests simultaneously in a fast paced environment
'Edmunds Named Most Innovative Publisher by AdExchanger'
Want to read more about the award that recognizes overall innovation in marketing and advertising technology? Click here!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we’ve been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal, Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.