Senior Marketing Analyst
Business Analytics | Hybrid-Santa Monica | Full Time
Edmunds offers flexibility to work fully remote, from our Edquarters, or a combination of both
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is searching for a creative and enthusiastic Senior Digital Marketing Analyst with strong analytical skills and desire to work cross-functionally to make clear and convincing business cases through data exploration, modeling and experimentation.
This will be a crucial role supporting our Brand Marketing & Digital Growth initiatives to achieve their strategic goals and drive new customer acquisition, build brand awareness and reactivate existing customers.
This role will evaluate the effectiveness of online marketing channels, provide data driven insights and make recommendations for optimizing our marketing campaign performance, channel mix and budget allocation and ultimately drive business outcomes.
This is a great opportunity for curious natural problem solvers who are interested in making a big impact!
What You’ll Do:
- Measure the effectiveness of our paid media channels including OTT, audio, Paid Social, SEM, Display & Video, Email, and Affiliate Marketing
- Apply data modeling skills to solve such challenges as optimal marketing channel mix, marketing budget spend allocation, multi-touch attribution, etc.
- Lead analytics projects (deep dives and ad hoc analysis) to identify actionable insights, uncover areas of optimization and growth to drive new customer acquisition, build brand awareness and reactivate existing customers
- Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to mine, access and analyze data
- Visualize and synthesize your analytics work appropriately for both executive & technical audiences
- Work closely with business owners and agency partners to design/develop tools, dashboards & other technical solutions for budget, spend & campaign optimizations utilizing our data warehouse and other sources of data
What You Need:
- Careful eye for detail, both high & low-level, with endless curiosity working with big & complex data sets
- Empathetic analyst that builds relationships with business partners to drive business forward with data insights
- Expert problem solver that is excited to take on challenges with a variety of complexities and can work autonomously
- Strong organization/time management skills with ability to multitask and and balance competing priorities
- Using SQL daily with strong fluency in efficient querying, transforming, building data from big-data environments like Hadoop, Hive, Snowflake, Redshift, Apache Spark, etc.
- Strong predictive data modeling & statistical analysis experience optimizing marketing budget spend allocation & multi-touch attribution (Python and/or R)
- Thoughtful visualizer in Tableau & Excel discover & communicate insights effectively with complex data sets
- Quick with Excel or spreadsheet tools to uncover and summarize findings for quick turnaround ad hoc requests
- Effective presentation & communication skills across diverse audiences up to executive level using tools found in the Google suite and/or Powerpoint
- 5+ years’ experience in online marketing and/or digital analytics, either in-house or at an agency
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related fields required, including Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.
- Experience with using Amplitude & Databricks are a plus
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Pre-tax spending accounts for qualified transportation expenses
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.