Senior Front End Engineer
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For: Edmunds is seeking a senior front end engineer who's passionate about user experience, fast webpages and great product engineering team to work with. Build new features that will support Edmunds customers to find the right vehicle, connect with the closest dealer and successfully purchase a car.
What You'll Do:
- Build new features to enable edmunds customers to connect with the right car;
- While keeping an eye on scalable, maintainable and performance solutions;
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and application engineers;
- Document and evangelize best practices;
- Educate and mentor junior front end engineers.
What You Need:
- Experience building web-pages using JS, CSS, HTML;
- Expert knowledge of testing strategies, cross-browser compatibility & client side performance optimization;
- Experience with Node.js and one of these JS frameworks (React, Angular, Ember);
- Isomorphic JS experience is a plus
- Working experience building webapps that meets accessibility standards is a plus.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.