Senior Data Analyst
Business Analytics | Hybrid-Santa Monica | Full Time
Edmunds offers flexibility to work fully remote, from our Edquarters, or a combination of both
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to generate actionable insights from large data sets, measure business performance, and identify areas of optimization.
By primarily supporting CarMax partnership products and dealer facing tools, this role provides opportunity to work on innovative projects and support new and exciting revenue streams. The position will also support traffic, product, and sales analytics. Analytic projects include but are not limited to deep dive explorations, evaluating new products, measuring impact, and modeling. This role also involves close collaboration with internal business partners and automating reports and tables for more efficient analysis.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver who enjoys wrangling data, juggling multiple projects, and helping internal clients achieve results.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with product owners to better understand and optimize user engagement with the instant appraisal product and other new initiatives
- Support dealer partners by leading analyses on sales strategy and on the performance of dealer website messaging and appraisal tools.
- Create and maintain automated reports and tables for easier KPI monitoring
- Integrate complex data from multiple sources such as clickstream, sales, revenue, and third parties
- Translate broad business questions into coherent analyses
- Clearly visualize and communicate analysis for both executive & technical audiences
What You Need:
- High SQL competency with experience in efficient querying, transforming, and building data from big-data environments
- Organization, time management, and project management skills with ability to multitask and balance competing priorities
- Experience building and managing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Cohesive and engaging data storytelling through visualizations, writing, and presentations
- Critical thinking and problem solving. Ability to find multiple paths to a solution
- Discernment in balancing high attention to detail with quick turnaround times needed in fast paced environments
- 5+ years of analytical experience with expertise in web analytics
- Experience with Tableau, Amplitude, and Excel is a plus
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Pre-tax spending accounts for qualified transportation expenses
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.