Senior Customer Care Specialist
Tier 3 | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Works closely with the Customer Care Manager to ensure the Customer Care team meets and exceeds quality, operational excellence and customer satisfaction results with a focus on continual improvement. Directly assists customers and provides peer leadership both through example and direct coaching. Acts as liaison to other Edmunds teams to take back key learning points to rest of the Customer Care team members, while also funneling feedback trends and metrics back to other departments to drive impactful change to the Edmunds consumer experience.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the consumer experience, is willing to go above and beyond to delight our consumers, and has natural leadership skills to motivate and inspire a team of customer service agents.
What You’ll Do:
Customer Care Responsibilities:
1. Provide A-Z management for tickets/cases that need to be addressed by the Customer Care Team through Zendesk and Salesforce
2. Escalate inquiries to appropriate internal teams and provide follow up to consumers until a resolution is reached
3. Assist customers by managing the phone line, returning voicemails, and responding to emails and text messages within defined SLAs
4. Work horizontally with the Dealer Support Team to collaborate and ensure a good customer experience
In addition, as a Senior Specialist, you will also be responsible for:
1. Ensuring team members are available during business hours, from start of shift to end of shift
2. Overseeing ticket queues and Salesforce cases, ensuring that we achieve our SLAs and KPIs
3. Acting as first point of contact for team members for user and system issue resolutions when necessary. Ensure issues are escalated and communicated appropriately, as required
4. Identifying and suggesting opportunities to improve operational efficiency
5. Being available for questions from any team member throughout your shift
6. Ensuring all team members are educated on consumer-impacting industry information as well as being well versed on existing and upcoming Edmunds product offerings and services
7. Screening phone calls and monitoring email responses, always looking for ways to improve our quality assurance through coaching and encouraging growth of Customer Care Specialists as opportunities for improvement arise
8. Reporting on key metrics and KPIs and distributing to various departments within the organization to help
9. Distributing feedback themes with various product managers to review common trends each month to help drive impactful changes to the Edmunds consumer experience
10.Attending team leadership and other meetings, as required
- We work with a lot of different types of consumers - you’ll need the patience and determination to work with all personality types
- You’ll need to be able to communicate clearly and effectively in person, over the phone, and via email
- You must be flexible and adaptable when it comes to change - it’s a constant around here!
- An unwavering resolve is essential - you must be willing to work with shoppers until you fully understand their problem and can find a solution that adequately addresses their issue
What You Need:
- Demonstrated leadership skills, passion for excellence, and attention to detail
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Has "thick skin" and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers
- A can-do attitude when it comes to exhausting resources to get an answer when one is not readily available
- Has a pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Motivated to continually improve existing practices
- 5+ years of Customer Service experience
- Experience with Zendesk and/or Salesforce is a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.