Business Analytics | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a skilled, creative and enthusiastic Senior Analyst experienced in data mining and generating actionable insights from large sets of data, measuring business performance, and identifying areas of growth and optimization.
The analyst will play a crucial role in supporting our Digital Advertising Business by developing, improving, and maintaining digital advertising revenue reports and forecasts, monitoring major KPIs, and understanding impact to other areas of the business. This person will be expected to understand the details and complexity of the company’s digital advertising revenue to ensure that the executive team has a clear and accurate pulse of the business, and recommend action plans to optimize against the company’s revenue goals, and identifying areas of optimization and growth by extracting insights through modeling, testing and experimentation.
In addition, this person will be expected to take ownership of projects to continually improve reporting quality through automation. This person will also be expected to promote the use of self-service analytic tools across internal clients, and provide training for these tools.
This individual will be tasked to work cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Ad Operations, and Paid Media teams to optimize digital advertising products and revenue through A/B testing and experimentation, measuring and uncovering results based on changes to website traffic & consumer site behaviors, recommending areas of Paid Marketing spend and optimization.
The right candidate will have experience working across business and functional boundaries, partnering with internal clients to provide decision-making support through analytic insights.
The ideal candidate is also a natural problem-solver that enjoys working with large data sets and is proactive in exploring database tables and using data to make clear and convincing business cases. Curiosity and business intellect a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Determine the right analytical approaches to solve key business problems
- Create reports, dashboards, ad hoc requests, forecasts, etc. utilizing our data warehouse and other sources of data
- Translate complex data into actionable insights, identify areas of optimization and growth
- Summarize your findings and prepare visualizations of data in order to explain and persuade
- Provide recommendations to key stakeholders
- Effectively collaborate with product managers, engineers, paid marketing, ad ops and sales teams across the organization
- Edmunds is a fast growing and innovative company. Qualified candidate should possess strong project management skills, and an ability to multitask and balance competing priorities
What You Need:
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent data extraction and manipulation skills - SQL experience required
- Data visualization and storytelling skills: ○ track record of being able to tell a compelling story using data ○ experience with BI visualization tools such as Tableau ○ sound presentation and communication skills
- Data modeling / statistical analysis experience is a plus (R or Python)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, business analytics, etc. with 4-6 years of relevant and progressively complex work experience
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.