Business Analytics | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a skilled, creative and enthusiastic Senior Analyst experienced in generating actionable insights from large sets of data, measuring business performance, and identifying areas of growth and optimization using advanced analytical and experimental approaches.
The ideal candidate is also a natural problem-solver that enjoys working with large data sets, is proactive in exploring database tables and using data to make clear and convincing business cases.
The senior analyst will play a crucial role in supporting our business by partnering directly with our senior stakeholders to monitor and provide insights around our core KPIs, proactively identify growth opportunities through data exploration and discovery, assess performance of our AB tests and recommend actionable next steps, and identify areas of optimization by extracting insights through modeling, testing and experimentation.
The senior analyst will also be expected to design, conduct, and lead complex analyses with minimal guidance to address questions from our executive team and show keen ability to interpret and communicate findings via a presentation in a clear, concise and meaningful manner. In addition, this person will be expected to take ownership of projects to continually improve reporting quality through automation and be able to anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur. This is a great opportunity for an individual with significant business acumen that is interested in playing with the wealth of structured and unstructured data that is available within the car buying ecosystem. Curiosity and business intellect a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with senior business stakeholders to help optimize on our core business KPIs.
- Design, conduct and lead complex analyses that mine, extract, track, report and analyze performance metrics.
- Interpret and report on trends and communicate findings in actionable terms to decision makers.
- Synthesizes complex data/analysis into a visualization that tells the story in a meaningful way.
- Provide updates on the performance of our core KPIs as well as insights and recommendations to both our senior stakeholders and executive team in a presentation.
- Create and produce forecasts, reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, etc., utilizing our data warehouse and other data source systems and summarize your findings.
- Develop, evaluate, refine, and automate analytic models using data to address business needs, and identify areas of optimization.
- Collaborate with different departments and define requirements to improve our reporting suite.
What You Need:
- A passion for analytics
- Strong analytical and data mining skills
- Strong data extraction and manipulation skills - SQL experience required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (PowerPoint)
- Experience creating reports and dashboards through BI tools such as Tableau is required
- Proven ability to accurately report and interpret trends and translate these trends into actionable insights.
- Proven ability to synthesize complex data/analysis into clear and concise insights and recommendations.
- Ability to multitask and to balance competing priorities.
- Data modeling / statistical analysis / predictive modeling experience is a plus (R or Python)
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, business analytics, etc. with at least three years of related work experience, or a BS in related field with at least five years of relevant work experience
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.