Business Analytics | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Senior Analyst experienced in pulling actionable insights from large sets of data, measuring business performance, and communicating the results at the executive level.
The individual will play a crucial role in understanding every detail and complexity that is involved with the company’s revenue streams. With this knowledge, you will be responsible for identifying areas of optimization and growth by extracting insights through data analysis, forecasting and modeling.
You will play an active part in improving forecasting and ensuring that executives always have a clear and accurate pulse on where we stand against budgeted revenue goals. In addition, this person will be expected to take ownership of projects to continually improve reporting quality through automation while also working cross-functionally to generate key insights, reports and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, evaluate, refine, and automate analytic models using data to address business needs and identify areas of optimization and growth
- Prepare visualizations of data in order to explain and persuade
- Provide recommendations to key stakeholders and support the business need
- Create and produce forecasts, reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, etc. utilizing our data warehouse and other data source systems and summarize your findings
- nteract with multiple teams and executives to exchange complex information related to areas of the company’s revenue
- Design, conduct and lead complex analyses that mine, extract, track, report and analyze web, traffic and sales performance metrics
- Interpret and report on trends and communicate these trends in actionable terms to decision makers in traffic, product and sales
- Synthesize complex data/analyses into a clear visualization that tells the story in a meaningful way
Edmunds is a fast growing and innovative company. Qualified candidate should possess strong project management skills, an ability to multitask and balance competing priorities.
What You Need:
- Strong analytical and data mining skills
- Efficient programming skills in SQL and R, and/or SAS, and/or Python
- Knowledge and use of Salesforce is a plus
- Experience in revenue reporting is a plus
- Strong data visualization skills and experience with BI tools such as Tableau
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, ability to confidently present to business users at all levels of management and especially VP and C-level
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, business analytics, etc. with at least three years of related work experience, or a BS in related field with at least five years of relevant work experience
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
A Few Of The Perks:
· Results Only Work Environment (ROWE): we celebrate results, not hours worked; you’re empowered to manage your schedule in order to integrate work and life so that neither gets neglected
· Flexible Time Away From Work: no more counting your vacation days! You can take what you need – as long as your work gets done.
· Trip Ca$h: paid paid vacation! Edmunds will give you $500 towards your next vacation.
· Competitive Pay & Fantastic Benefits: 14 paid company holidays (how many of your friends get to celebrate Earth Day as a paid day off?), great coverage, and subsidized gym memberships. We could tell you all of our benefits but then we’d have to hire you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.