Executive, Finance & Legal | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
This role will have a major impact on the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of financial transactions and reporting of Edmunds. This position plays an important role in providing financial information that will help Edmunds in its decision making, growth and development.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger
- Record and maintain fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, cash flow statements and other financial reports
- Maintain accounting controls by monitoring and recommending policies and procedures
- Audit expense reports for compliance with Company’s business reimbursement policy
- Assist Accounts Payable department with invoice processing and cash forecasting
- Process semi-monthly payroll on a backup basis
- Coordinate with project leads to track capitalized projects
- Play an integral part of the annual financial audit process by preparing and providing external auditors with supporting schedules
- Assist other members of the Accounting and Finance department as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years general accounting experience
- CPA certification a plus
- Proficient with ERP systems, including Microsoft Office
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Self-motivated and honest
- Team player
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.