Salesforce Lead Software Engineer
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds.com is looking for a Salesforce Lead Software Engineer who can define, design and develop Salesforce.com solutions balancing urgency, business processes, system quality and innovation. You will breakdown technical challenges into their component parts and do your best work with a distributed team centered out of our Santa Monica office. If you are looking for an opportunity to build a rich Salesforce user experience and own delivery of critical systems and then keep reading.
What You’ll Do:
- Deep understanding. You know that by the time the team has escalated a problem to you, it likely involves balancing complex interests in order to be resolved.
- Communication. You know that the best solutions require constructively and persuasively expressing ideas amongst people with diverse interests and have the confidence to bring your experience to the arena.
- Influence. You know how to identify the key choices and bring your credibility and persuasiveness to bear making sure that they are resolved.
- Passion for learning. You will not be restricted in what problems will be addressed by your pre-existing mix of skill-sets.
- Openness to improvement. You get better through feedback. You seek opportunities for that feedback all throughout the organization.
- Object oriented programming. Particularly around Apex, you understand the advantages, disadvantages and patterns of binding behavior closely to data.
- Engineering. You apply math, process, experience and imagination to the invention, improvement and maintenance of robust and scalable systems that delight your users.
- Vision. You look at today’s engineering problems with a long-term mindset of solving/ integrating tomorrow’s engineering problems.
- Recognition of done. You believe that work is complete when it is live, making your users lives better, tested to protect your business and instrumented for when things go wrong.
What You Need:
- You have built solutions on top of Salesforce.com for 5+ years
- You have experience with APEX, Lightning, Visualforce, and UI related technologies
- You have thorough understanding of Salesforce architecture, and provide optimal customized solutions using declarative method or programmatic approach
- You have experience in data modeling for complex systems, and data management
- You have experience designing end to end flow of complex business processes
- You do code reviews and help enforcing Salesforce best practices
- You handle complex production deployments and troubleshoot production issues
- You have experience with building a release process for Salesforce customizations
- You have worked in an Agile environment and understand project management
- You have experience with any version controlling tool e.g. Gits
- You have experience integrating systems via REST
- You have worked in multiple successful, cross-functional teams.
- You have delivered multiple projects that required you to write code.
- You have supported those projects in a high availability setting.
- You have made your team better through mentoring and influencing the technical standard.
- You have worked inside of a team inclusive of diverse opinions and experience.
- You have successfully interpreted business requirements and converted them into technical deliverables
- You have written quality technical solutions, which include test automation and monitoring
- Salesforce CPQ experience is preferred
- Preferably, you have Salesforce Certification (401 or Platform Developer 501)
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.