Product Manager, Edmunds Insider
Marketing | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for an entrepreneurial Product Manager to join Insider, Edmunds’ registration & membership program aimed at enabling the company’s mission to make car buying easy. Insider’s goal is to personalize & enhance the car buying experience along the sales funnel journey. Specifically, we engage users at variety of touch points when they first land on an Edmunds page, invite users to re-visit and complete the next step via targeted retention strategy and a custom dashboard, and accelerate the car buying process to help sell more cars in less time. We have an exciting 2018 Product Roadmap and aggressive KPIs to work towards. You will work with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, data analysts, market researchers, and fellow product managers to build and test Insider’s core product features, continuously brainstorm and envision new user experiences, and support Director of Insider on variety of ongoing tasks.
What You’ll Do:
- Own a portion of Insider’s Product Roadmap and be responsible for the full product management life-cycle of assigned work
- Translate product strategy, high-level concepts, and guidance from Director of Insider into epics, user experiences, and testable product features
- Write stories in JIRA, run daily Scrums, resolve contingencies, and ensure software development team is fully aligned and delivering on time
- Conduct AB tests, manage product releases, coordinate with other product teams and their road maps, and iterate process per Agile principles
- Regularly review data, gather competitive intelligence, analyze user behaviors, and report findings in effort to continuously optimize product workflows and user experiences
- Prepare materials for, and participate in, product-wide / company-wide work sessions to help chart future product / company strategy
- Maintain clear communication with diverse stakeholders across the company by ensuring all work is created, managed, organized, and delivered in best-in-class manner
What You Need:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical / business field
- 2-5 years of experience in B2C products with focus on acquisition, retention, and growth
- Experience writing stories in JIRA or a similar software collaboration tool
- Experience with Tableau, Interana, or a similar reporting tool
- Strong data & analytical skills, including AB testing and basic HTML
- Understanding of technical architecture, databases, and scalable web applications
- Strong organizational skills from Agile / Scrum environment with ability to manage product feature backlog, prioritize incoming requests, and deliver on time
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with ability to break complex concepts into epics, stories, and features
- Strategic thinker with creative problem-solving skills and ability to multitask & manage uncertainty in a fast paced environment
- Team player who is able to lead, follow, and exert soft power to drive Insider’s agenda
Nice to Have:
- B2C startup experience
- Experience in the transportation / car space
- Passion for storytelling through product UX and delighting the customer
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.