Product Manager, Advertising Technology
Edmunds Website | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds, we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 20 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a resourceful Product Manager to join our growing digital advertising business. The ideal candidate is a result-driven self-starter with bold marketing ideas and an attention to detail to turn complex vision into reality. The role will work closely with our dealership clients to understand their needs and champion new solutions to internal and external stakeholders through compelling data-driven narratives. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about digital advertising to build products on the forefront of ad technology and make their mark on the automotive marketing landscape.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and prioritize high-impact opportunities in existing ad products and define requirements for features that maximize revenue, retention, and acquisition
- Discover and evaluate new ad platforms and technologies to develop new products that leverage the strength of the Edmunds brand and in-market shopper data
- Create user and technical stories for sprints in collaboration with engineering and design teams as well as test and accept completed features
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and Operations to effectively scale ad products across thousands of client accounts
- Construct well-defined A/B and multivariate tests to make continual product improvements
- Develop innovative creative designs, including hands-on asset development and copywriting
- Define and monitor KPIs on a daily basis to ensure product health and develop reports for multiple audiences
What You Need:
- 2+ years of product management experience required
- Experience in digital ad products required; experience in video/OTT a strong plus
- Expertise in Facebook ad ecosystem or equivalent required
- Previous hands-on ad campaign management experience required
- Knowledge of ad technology and ad-serving solutions strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take features from concept to execution
- Strong analytical skills with proven history in developing quantitative analyses
- Experience with Agile Scrum development and JIRA project software a plus
- Knowledge in online attribution platforms, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Strong communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in SQL required; data viz software such as Tableau or Amplitude a plus
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we’ve been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal, Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.