Manager, Sales Development
Sales (OEM) | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Sales Development Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the sales team in the reporting and analyses of Tier 1 and Tier 2 advertising and marketing solutions. Must be detail oriented, comfortable working with large amounts of data and have extensive experience creating automated templates and reporting. This role will report into the Director, Sales Development.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a rigorous schedule of recurring and ad hoc client deliverables by combining information from multiple data sources
- Develop strategies and templates for automating data into client-ready visualizations in Google and Microsoft Office products
- Manage and maintain campaign reports and deliverables
- Create analyses “from scratch” using multiple data sources (advertising/web behavior/vehicle transactions) to craft a clear, concise narrative
- Work closely with Sales to analyze data and provide insights in a consultative manner
- Deliver insightful and comprehensive analyses to internal and external audiences
- Interact with multiple internal teams in a highly cross-functional environment
We really want to emphasize the technical aspects of this role. This person MUST be comfortable with all kinds of data: large and small, neat and messy. They must be able to develop scaled visualization solutions using multiple data sources. An ability to navigate through data and create resources that help quickly identify market dynamics is a critical function in order for our group to deliver high quality insights in the short timeframes often required of us by our external (and sometimes internal) clients. At minimum, they must be able to manipulate data in Excel at an expert level.
Timeliness and Multi-tasking Part of the challenge working in client-support roles is a certain level of uncertainty - that day-today prioritization is constantly evaluated and re-evaluated as client requests come in. This role requires a significant amount of flexibility and the ability to pivot based on business needs and tight deadlines. This person needs to be able to turn out high quality results sometimes in a rapid-fire cadence. Again, we are aligned to business needs and often times, there are multiple initiatives going on all once, so this person needs to be able to multi-task.
Resourcefulness Also, there’s a considerable amount of ambiguity in client requests and needs, this person needs to be able to be resourceful in terms of uncovering insights from multiple sources…both from a data perspective, and cross-functional perspective (sometimes you have to seek out other team members for some insights)
What You Need:
- Experience working with large amounts of data
- Strong technical skills: must have Excel expertise and experience in automation
- Demonstrated analytic ability: experience using various statistic and analytic models
- Strong project management: ability to manage multiple projects and aggressive schedule of deadlines
- Excellent communication skills: ability to deliver complex analyses in a concise and actionable manner
- Familiarity with automotive industry and/or advertising is a plus
- Experience with Tableau, Google Analytics, and/or programming languages is a plus
- BS/BA Degree is required
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.