Manager, Dealer Success
Sales Support (Dealer) | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
A Manager, Dealer Success is an enthusiastic solution-driver who puts our dealers at the core of everything we do. This position will be directly responsible for leading a team of Specialists who help dealers get the best results from their Edmunds programs – through consultation, education, optimization, and support.
Ideal candidate will combine an exceptional ability to motivate & manage team members; a passion for growing revenue through providing an exceptional customer experience; high empathy for sales team members, a keen eye for identifying process and workflow opportunities; and a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute the tactics. Success in this position requires strong customer service, people management, and problem-solving skills; attention to detail; a willingness to experiment; the ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment; and a passion for helping others achieve results.
What You’ll Do:
- Coach, develop and inspire your direct reports
- Monitor, and report against performance KPIs and SLAs and communicate results to key stakeholders on a timely basis
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues and incidents in a timely manner
- Demonstrate sound judgement when escalating issues to senior managers
- Identify and collaborate on opportunities to improve existing procedures and workflows
- Build and manage relationships with dealers, sales leadership and internal Dealer Operations team members
- Work and collaborate with a diverse group of Dealer Operations team members and Sales team members
- You’ll need to become an expert in Edmunds solutions for dealers of all sizes, regions and brands, and adapt recommendations quickly to suit varying client needs
- You’ve got to be great at working with lots of different teams, keeping lots of moving parts organized and ensuring that progress is being made
- You need to be able to speak the appropriate language to non-technical and highly technical individuals both internally and externally. You will be the bridge to translate complex technical speak to less technically savvy individuals
- You will need to figure out how to balance your day-to-day sales support, escalation, and team development work
- You love to be in the know! Staying up to date with OEM and Industry trends is an important part of your Edmunds success as a Dealer Operations Manager .
What You Need:
- 4+ years work related Operations or Account/Customer Success Management experience
- 3+ years people management experience
- You’re a people-person! You love talking to people and building lasting relationships. You can also communicate difficult concepts to non-technical players (speak to the layman)
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to build solid relationships with vendors, dealer partners, and internal teams to provide excellent customer service (i.e. play nicely with others)
- Experience leading and/or mentoring others
- Flexibility and experience dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex sets of data and information and turn them into actionable insights for dealer partners and Sales team (data doesn’t scare you)
- Desire to take initiative and think through solutions for problems you encounter
- Can easily manage multiple tasks in a well-organized and highly detailed manner while working in a fast-paced, perpetually evolving, relationship-driven environment
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel, comfortable working with spreadsheets and formulas
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!