Junior Video Editor
Content | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Junior Editor will be a key member of the Edmunds content team and be the first set of eyes on all of our footage coming in from the field. They will report to the Manager, Post Production and work alongside producers, cinematographers, and editors to prepare edits, manage media and deliverables, support lead editors, and edit short form and social media pieces as we create a variety of exciting video content, week over week. In addition, they will assist with media capture and management in the field, on an as needed basis. The Junior Editor will be responsible for taking the raw footage captured in the field and creating well organized assemblies for videos that will live on YouTube, the Edmunds website, and various social media channels. They will also create the edits for social media videos, from start to finish. The Jr. Editor will have a desire to grow in post production and take on editing projects as assigned by their manager. This role will work both independently and collaboratively with various members of the Edmunds content team including writers and photographers.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with producers and editors to ingest, prep, and create assemblies of raw footage.
- Create first assembly and provide review links to our fact check teams.
- Maintain a detailed log of where all footage lives on our internal servers.
- Manage a detailed log of external hard drives.
- Send final videos to transcription services and download and store closed caption, srt, and text files.
- Create video stills for YouTube thumbnails.
- Edit social media videos.
- Edit video content as needed.
- Upload final videos to YouTube and input all metadata.
- Tech services, such as altering resolutions, creating and adding end slates, cut downs, etc.
- Provide support to editors where needed.
- DIT and Media Management in the field.
- Other duties, as assigned.
What You Need:
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere.
- Proficient in Adobe Media Encoder.
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram video formats.
- Ability to troubleshoot tech problems, and take the initiative to research what you do not know.
- Knowledgeable on building multi-cam edits and proxy workflows utilizing various cameras and codecs.
- Ability to work with After Effects templates.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, and Calendars.
- Very strong storytelling skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- An eye for detail, pacing, and continuity.
- Self-starter and a strong collaborator.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the organization.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal, Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.