Marketing | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’ll Do:
- Write engaging copy for use in projects including websites, 1-sheets, social, online and print ads, sales collateral, infographics and videos
- Collaborate across departments with marketing, product, and design teams to understand project needs.
- Review and research content requirements as needed
- Collaborate with the entire marketing team to copyedit content provided
- Present proposed solutions to stakeholders and revise copy based on their comments
- Help maintain Edmunds brand consistency across all communications, conceiving and creating copy in the brand voice
- Responsible for owning the content for assigned projects, from research, writing and revisions to proofreading and stakeholder signoff
What You Need:
- 1-3 years of professional writing experience, focused on engaging customers and driving sales
- BS/BA in Advertising, Marketing or a related field; portfolio required
- Self-motivated, with initiative and a desire to learn and grow as a writer
- Strong conceptual thinker, passionate about creating spectacular work
- An eye for detail and ability to proofread your work within a fast-paced environment
- Able to take and give constructive feedback gracefully, and show good judgment
- Great collaborator with an excellent attitude, work ethic and people skills
- Accomplished at writing ads for social media and other online sites
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs; Adobe InCopy a plus
- Adept at editing and able to write in multiple voices, for varied audiences
- Resourceful researcher, surfacing up pertinent insights
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Bonus points for tech/startup experience
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.