Intern, Software Engineer (Website Platform)
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Internship
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Interested in working with some of the latest web technologies? The Website Platform team is looking for an intern to assist with building and supporting the foundation of the new technology stack powering the website. The intern will get hands-on experience with multiple aspects across the entire stack, from React on the front end to node.js on the back end, and will be exposed to the inner workings of an Agile team responsible for driving the new vision of how the website works.
What You’ll Do:
● Work on a new isomorphic web application framework, powered by node.js and React
● Implement reusable software components for use across the entire website
● Optimize perceived page performance and asset delivery
● Develop unit tests for key platform features
What You Need:
● Understanding of asynchronous processes and implementation
● Understanding of the web application lifecycle, OOP, composition, and other design patterns
● Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
Why you want this internship:
● Hands-on experience with multiple in-demand open source technologies
● Exposure to all aspects of how a modern website functions
● Learn from a team of highly experienced engineers solving interesting problems
● Join a community of awesome people who share a common passion for developing cool software
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.