Intern, Operational Analytics
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Internship
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
This position will expose you to the vast world of Operations. By working closely with Operations team members, you will be exposed to the inner workings of an Agile team and a DevOps developer’s day-today role, and will gain valuable hands-on industry experience with Amazon AWS/EC2, Virtualization and Cloud Computing, Infrastructure as Code and Continuous Integration and Delivery.
What You’ll Do:
- Administer a vast cloud of Amazon AWS AMI/Unix systems.
- Conduct data analysis to determine the health of our large Amazon system cloud, including our canary deployment and feedback system.
- Design, build and integrate with automation/configuration tools to provide insights into website stability and performance.
- Work with our teams to ensure new features are released quickly and reliably while maintaining an excellent user experience.
- Build scalable and maintainable code
What You Need:
- Java/Python programming skills.
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure and tools.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Willingness to learn and try new approaches.
- Persistence and innovation as you run into challenges.
Why You Want This Internship:
- Gain technical experience in industry-leading technologies.
- Gain business experience in the automotive industry and electronic commerce.
- Gain process experience in agile, continuous delivery and automation of IT operations.
- Gain knowledge and experience in developing, releasing and productionalizing code for an industry-leading website.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.