Intern, Cloud DevOps Engineer
Technology | Santa Monica, CA | Temporary
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Learn about all the content we are creating and the technology we are using to present it to the website, and experience working with an agile team containing members from different functions of the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Working with product and engineering teams to build cloud first architecture
- Help design and architect secure, scalable, cost optimized infrastructure
- Learn how use various Amazon Web Services and frameworks
- Learn how to profile and load test applications
- Help build new platform to continually deliver infrastructure as code at scale
What You Need:
- A strong desire and willingness to learn. Java and Python programming skills
- Familiarity with REST APIs.
- Familiarity with AWS
- Understanding of asynchronous processes and implementation
- Understanding of the web application lifecycle, OOP, composition, and other design patterns
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.