HR Operations Manager
Employment Experience | Hybrid-Santa Monica | Full Time
Edmunds offers flexibility to work fully remote, from our Edquarters, or a combination of both
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a skilled, detailed-oriented, and enthusiastic HR Operations Manager to join our team and manage our HRIS and payroll functions.
The HR Operations Manager is responsible for successfully managing the daily operation of our HR Information Systems (HRIS) with a keen focus on data integrity. This individual is also responsible for maintaining our payroll system and processing payroll in compliance with required federal, state, and local guidelines. A successful candidate will have a passion for data and optimizing processes, a natural curiosity and experience working in a multi-state payroll environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and HRIS updates including new hires, terminations, promotions, and changes to pay rates and pay grades.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices, staying abreast of necessary changes and reporting requirements for multiple states.
- Serve as the Reporting Lead responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting schedules and ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement that initiates, recommends and leads improvement and enhancement projects to align payroll & HRIS strategies with overall business objectives.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact, building strong partnerships and working cross-functionally with Finance Department, IT Department and other stakeholders.
- Act as strategic lead and project manager for payroll and HRIS initiatives.
- Manage vendor relationships with regards to custom reporting, billing reconciliation, support requests, etc.
- Provide information and resources to employees on payroll and HRIS matters.
- Use in-depth knowledge of our systems and data to support workforce analytics and provide insights to support decision-making.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Human Resources, or related field required, or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Strong project management skills, an ability to multitask and balance competing priorities, particularly in fast growing and innovative company.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and be able to determine and develop necessary approaches for solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate across all corporate levels.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Oracle HCM, ADP Workforce Now, Workday or related software.
- Experience managing HRIS and payroll implementation or upgrade projects.
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Pre-tax spending accounts for qualified transportation expenses
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.